All official email from NC State is sent only to your university email address, which is in this format:
This address is created automatically from:
- Your Unity ID
- The NC State’s Internet identifier: ncsu.edu
You can set up email forwarding within Gmail so that messages sent to your university email address will be forwarded to the address you chose.
Your university email address is public information, but if you are a student you can delete yours from the NC State campus directory for privacy reasons if you wish. Here’s how:
- Go to the Mypack Portal.
- Select Student Self Service.
- Select Campus Personal Information.
- Select Email Addresses and update as desired.
See also: Personal Information and Privacy
If you know someone’s Unity ID, then you can send them an email using UnityID@ncsu.edu. Otherwise, you can look them up in the Campus Directory or contact them directly and ask for their email address.
- Updating Your Email Address
- How NC State Uses Your Email Address (info coming soon)